Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sashimi and More

Cold, sweet sashimi always hits the spot. We went to Kai in Greenbelt 5 where they have a good decent fresh selection of sushi and sashimi.

The Pairing
Cold Sake

Uni Sashimi
I loove uni. One order of uni was 120 pesos (that's just over $2!). This variety is local. The chunks are smaller, but the flavor is sweet and fresh. Delicious.

Toro and Hotate Sashimi
Tuna Belly and Scallops.

Aji Sashimi
I love how it's presented with the whole mackerel.


Soft Shell Crab Salad
With Carrot-Ginger dressing. Nicely fried and a refreshing dressing.

Vegetable Kaki Age
Fried shredded vegetables. This was pretty good. I found the batter to be a bit too much.

Tofu Teppanyaki
The mushrooms were tasty, but the tofu was extra extra firm. I was expecting a soft smooth cut.

Kai Pasta
With Inaniwa Udon noodles. This was a pretty good order of noodles. I really love the bite of Inaniwa udon.

No comments: