Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Family Meals

Before the end of our holiday vacations, my parents continued to make delicious dinners while the whole family was together.

Kare Kare
This is one of my favorite meals at home. Aside from oxtails, there are also shortribs. The vegetables include eggplant and Chinese longbeans. The dish is always better the next day when the sauce thickens and the flavors get more infused into the meat. Although, it's also great on the first day when you really taste the roasted meat taste.


Bagoong
The sauce for Kare Kare. It's basically shrimp paste with onions and pork bits.


Steak and Wine Night
To get my taste buds ready for the night, my dad and I sipped on some Maker's Mark. A nice pre-dinner drink.

The Pairing
Cabernet Sauvignon, Robert Mondavi, 1986

Vegetables
Bean Sprouts, Asparagus, Onions, and Mushrooms

Fried Rice with Steak Bits

Greg Norman Steaks - Grassfed and Ribeye Cuts
Both were tasty, but the New York cut is far tastier and buttery.

Tarte Tatin
Another batch of my mom's tarte tatin.

No comments: