Sunday, February 21, 2010

Food From Barrio Fiesta

For those of you that have heard some of my stories or have spent time with my parents, you'd know that my parents have this incredible ability to befriend chefs and restaurateurs. They spark a conversation that turns into a connection that turns into some level of friendship. It's pretty cool to witness it all in person and to participate in it.

One of the friendships formed was with the owner of Barrio Fiesta restaurants. We loved his food so much (especially the crispy pata) that he came out to our table to talk to us. That was years ago, and my parents are still friends with him today.

We went to his house for an afternoon merienda (snack). He served us a feast! Almost all the food was from his restaurant. Everything was delicious, and it was an afternoon of comforting Filipino food. I wasn't able to take a picture of everything (there was a lot!), but here are some of the shots I took:

Fried Lumpia

Pancit

Ube Halaya
Purple Yam

Guinataan
Coconut Milk with Ube, Bananas, Tapioca, and Mochi Balls.

Fried Bananas

No comments: