Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dim Sum at Jasmine

My parents and I have been going around the city trying to find a decent dim sum restaurant. Unfortunately, we just have not found one up to our standards. Our standards are those found in Hong Kong, where you can taste the quality and freshness of the ingredients in the meal.

In our most recent attempt, we tried Jasmine at the New World Hotel. I think the meal would have been pretty good and actually satisfying, but, wow, the flour tasted rotten! I did not expect to ever run into this problem at a hotel restaurant. Because of that rotten flour taste, it affected the taste of almost all our orders, which were made with this flour. How unfortunate. I guess I'll just have to wait until my next trip to Hong Kong to really satisfy my dim sum cravings.

Place your cursor above "Notes" to read more about each picture.
Unfortunately, this slideshow doesn't appear on Google Buzz/Reader (Click here) or on iPhones (Adobe...Check back when you're at a laptop or desktop)

2 comments:

joanh said...

ewww. rotten flour?? did you try to tell the restaurant and how did they respond?

Angela said...

Yeah, they said they'd report it to the chef and kitchen.. but we're already too afraid to go back and try it. We're learning the hard way that we have to wait for HK or Taipei to have good, quality Chinese food.