Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Revisiting Todd English's Ca Va

Each time I visit and revisit a Todd English restaurant, I become a bigger fan. In this past trip into the city, I made a point to visit his Plaza Food Hall in the Plaza Hotel. It's worth the trip! To rank the 3 celebrity chefs with food halls/food markets in the city.. #1, Mario Batali's Eataly; #2, Todd English's Plaza Food Hall; #3, Daniel Boulud's Epicerie. Actually, Daniel Boulud's Epicerie is really just a neighborhood corner market. It doesn't compare at all to Eataly or the Plaza Food Hall. So if you find yourself hungry and around the Plaza Hotel, check out his food hall!

After checking out his Food Hall, we went down to Hell's Kitchen to have dinner at Ca Va. My family enjoyed our Christmas lunch there just half a year ago, so we knew we'd have a good meal. Unfortunately, I was still full from a late lunch, so I only ordered a pasta course. When you eat here, you should come hungry and enjoy the 3 Course Prix Fixe Menu. It's such value - quality food with generous portions. The food was satisfying and filling. Chef English keeps impressing me.

Place your cursor above "Notes" to read a little more about the food photos.
The slide show here runs on Flash. If you can't see it, check out my Flickr album.

No comments: