Friday, June 10, 2011

Apizza in New Haven

The east coast is the birthplace of American style pizza. In particular, New York and New Haven are the noted cities which still house the original pizza/pies/apizza (whatever you call it) restaurants.

Being fans of food and history, my family tried out the infamous Frank Pepe's. Despite it's media hype and reputation, we actually preferred the more artisan style of pizza at Kitchen Zinc.

This time around, we tried another New Haven apizza spot, Modern Apizza. The bottom is nice and crispy from crust to center. It's also a thin pie, which I prefer. Overall taste, though, didn't impress me too much. It's a great place to eat in or take out if you're craving for a standard American style pizza. But if you're looking for a quality pie with a great pizza dough taste and quality ingredients, I still prefer Kitchen Zinc's pizzas.

The slide show here runs on Flash. If you can't see it, check out my Flickr album.

No comments: