Saturday, June 18, 2011

Connecticut Style Lobster Rolls

When I think of lobster rolls, I think about the east coast and cold, refreshing lobster mixed with mayonnaise in a bun. A fun, fresh lunch or snack on a hot day. Prior to my fourth trip to Connecticut, my only knowledge of lobster rolls was of this cold variety.

Then I was introduced to the Connecticut style lobster roll.

My brother and sister-in-law took my family to what they have researched as one of the better places for Connecticut style lobster rolls. What is this style? It's fresh steamed lobster straight out of the water, dressed in butter and lemon, and served on a warm, toasted bun. You get warmth, freshness, crunchiness.. buttered crunchiness because the butter coats the toasted bun.. it's just soo good.

Lobster Landing is totally the place to go if you're in Connecticut looking for a great lobster roll. The way they make it totally just celebrates the fresh picked and freshly steamed lobster. I'm a fan now. I totally choose the Connecticut style over the traditional cold lobster in a bun.

And if you want a little variety and meat, they also serve hot dogs and sausages. This is a great place to drive to on a sunny day to enjoy the outdoor eating by the water. Bring your shades and enjoy an afternoon of casual dining by the water. I can't wait to go back the next time I'm in Connecticut.

Place your cursor above "Notes" to read a little more about the pictures.
The slide show here runs on Flash. If you can't see it, check out my Flickr album.

2 comments:

Gin said...

Hey Ja,
wow, and I thought that Barbara's Fish trap near Halfmoon Bay was shack. It's amazing that building is still standing there...lobster rolls look like it's worth the trip up there. We should send Guy Fieri for DDD show.

Angela said...

Yeah, this place is a total shack. Barbara's is a nice sit down restaurant in comparison. And it is worth the trip. It's so good!