Monday, January 10, 2011

Todd English's Ca Va Brasserie

Christmas Day! So our choice for Christmas lunch had to be special - yes, I felt the pressure of choosing a great restaurant for our family's special meal. The problem is that my family books reservations (at restaurants, for trips, for flights, etc.) last minute. So for Christmas, it limited where we could go. A lot of places were closed and a lot more places were fully committed.

When I research places to eat, I tend to research restaurants of my favorite chefs. In that list of favorite chefs is Todd English. I consider him one of the earlier modern day celebrity chefs. Did you know he cooked some summer grills on MTV's Spring Break? (Do any of you still remember MTV's Spring Break?)

Chef English's latest restaurant is Ca Va Brasserie. It's his take on a modern day brasserie - and it's so well done! The restaurant is the connected with the Intercontinental Hotel in Times Square. He has great menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The whole atmosphere is modern and inviting. Overall, it was a great experience, especially for a special holiday meal.

Place your cursor above "Notes" to read a little more about the food photos.
Check out my Flickr album if you can't see the slideshow here.

No comments: