Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Banh Mi Saigon in New York City

Going to college in the South Bay of the Bay Area (in Northern California) exposed to me even more Asian eats, particularly banh mi (Vietnamese sandwiches). The combination of that crispy French bread with pate, meats, and fresh and pickled vegetables is so refreshing! These sandwiches are way better than regular American sandwiches. They are lighter and there are so many textures and flavors going on.

After an afternoon of walking around Midtown and then down to the East Village, my brothers and I walked through Chinatown and Little Italy in search of a satisfying banh mi. Thanks to Yelp, we found Banh Mi Saigon. A great find! Their banh mi is one of the better ones I've eaten, and that includes those I ate in Vietnam. It's a very casual place - just order at the counter and the food comes in brown paper bags. You can eat the sandwiches there or take it home - and they keep nicely so you can eat it an anytime of the day.

Place your cursor above "Notes" to read a little more about the food photos.
Check out my Flickr album if you can't see the slideshow here.

1 comment:

Gin said...

Keep up the Great Work Sis!