Thursday, October 08, 2009

Gyro Search Continues

Ever since I had that amazing gyro in Seattle, I’ve been in search of a gyro here in the Bay Area that at least matches that tastiness.  So far, I’ve had no luck.  They have been tasty, but they don’t have that wow factor that hit me when I ate at Aladdin’s Gyro-cery.

Athena Grill, Santa Clara
This place is located in the middle of business complexes.  Once you enter, it’s like you’ve entered the set of My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  It’s pretty fun.  Overall, I really enjoyed this place.  I will probably go back to try other items on the menu.

The Beer Pairing
Whenever I see a beverage menu, I try to order something I’ve never had before.  I’d definitely never had Greek beer.  So I ordered Hillas.   At first, the taste resembles a crisp Japanese beer.  Then, the after taste kicks in which resembles a Corona, with a hint of Jasmine.
athena beer

Gyro Plate
Thin-slide spicy beef over a warm pita with red onion, tomato, and tzatziki with Greek fries.  Overall, it was good and everything was fresh.  The fries were nicely seasoned.  However, I was hoping the meat would have a more intense taste.
athena gyro

No comments: