Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eating In

After a long day, it’s nice to come home, open up a bottle of wine, and cook a good meal to wind down the day.  With fresh vegetables from the farmer’s market and fresh whole sardines from the grocery, dinner had great potential.
Roasted Beets in a Garlic Vinaigrette
I love beets!  The texture and the sweetness!  Mm!
beets
Bitter Melon
Sauteed with Onions and Tomatoes.  Every time I eat bitter melon, I feel like I’ve gone through a cleanse.  Woo – it’s a strong, bitter taste!  But, I’ve grown to love it, mainly because I know it’s healthy with plenty of nutrients.  I love my vegetables.
bitter melon
Furikake Fried Brown Rice
This is something that I’ve eaten since I was a child.  My parents cook everything great, including Japanese foods.  This is one of my first memories of home cooked fried rice.
furikake rice
Broiled Sardines
Nice and meaty!  This was a great find at the grocery.
broiled sardines

No comments: