Thursday, March 08, 2012

Better Steaks at Mamou

I really do love a great steak. I've been disappointed with the restaurants with "best steaks" according to bloggers and steak fans in Manila. Despite the disappointment, I had to try it again. I followed the hype. This time it wouldn't be about the fancy atmosphere. Let's just have a great steak, please?

Mamou - reputedly emulates the Peter Luger steak experience with the charred Porterhouse or T-Bone topped with melted butter and on a hot, hot plate. I've eaten at Peter Luger and its significant other, Wolfgang, in New York. Wolfgang is my standard for a great steakhouse all about the steak.

Does Mamou resemble these legendary New York establishments? It does a decent job.

The sides could use some work, but if you just focus on the steaks, I was happy. Medium, nicely charred, pretty well-marbled. I'd recommend this place to steak fans looking to eat out in Manila. The place is casual and gets crowded. Bring a good bottle of Cab, and that's going to be a pretty good night of eating.

Place your cursor above "Notes" below to read the captions for each photo.
If you can't see the slide show here, check out my Flickr album: Mamou

No comments: