Thursday, March 22, 2012

Delayed in Hong Kong. Thank goodness for Cathay Pacific's lounge!

Flight delays are a real pain. I just want to get to my destination city or settle in at home.

But, if I had to be delayed anywhere, Hong Kong International Airport is not at all a bad place to spend idle time waiting, and waiting.

And, it helps (a lot) that I chill out at the Cathay Pacific Lounges. All are renovated - meaning, clean bathrooms and showers.

The food and drinks (yes, even alcohol) are free flowing. So getting delayed during dinner time was not a bad thing at all, especially since Cathay airplane food isn't as good as it used to be..

Of all the lounges, I love The Wing because of its many area. The Bar, The Coffee Bar, and my favorite, The Noodle Bar.

Champagne, a couple of local Tsing Taos, a couple of comforting noodle soups, and a fresh sweet custard bun. All that with free Wi-Fi and charging stations - I'm happy to be delayed a little while.

If you can't see the slide show, check out my Flickr album: CX Lounge

No comments: