Monday, October 10, 2011

Back at The Oriental Thai Cooking School!

Back in Bangkok.. and back to The Oriental Thai Cooking School! This is my third time in Bangkok, and this is my third time taking a class at the cooking school.

I love the format and the detailed explanations from Chef Narain. It's not just the menu or the atmosphere of the school, it's really the chef/teacher that keeps bringing me back. I learn so many new things about cooking techniques and Thai cuisine every time.

Aside from learning about the dishes, you also discover new ingredients that you can use in other cuisines, aside from Thai. Plus, after the class, we make a list to shop for ingredients and certain brands at Paragon to take home.

Thai food has instantly become one of my favorite cuisines. The flavors are really exciting to the palate, especially with the combinations of salty, sweet, sour, bitter, and spicy packed in every bite. I can eat it multiple times during the week. Thanks to all these lessons, I have a growing list of recipes to make at home. I can't wait to go back to learn more!


Place your cursor above "Notes" below to read the captions for each photo.
The slide show here runs on Flash. If you can't see it, check out my Flickr album: MO Bangkok Cooking Class

No comments: