Wednesday, July 13, 2011

All Nippon Airways - Japanese Culture in the Air

For the past year and a half, I've been a frequent flyer around Asia and the states. I've mostly flown Cathay Pacific, as they have quality facilities and service. Plus, Hong Kong is a great hub.

On my most recent trip to the states, I tried another airline because CX was at its peak season. Flights were booked and I had to get to the states on a certain schedule.

All Nippon Airways, ANA. While the seats in business class are not as luxurious as CX, ANA makes up for it in cleanliness, service, and the food. They are constantly cleaning the bathrooms. The service is full of Japanese manners. And, the food is a great change from CX's usual selection (and after traveling frequently on CX I got soo tired of the same choices).

Of course, one of the biggest perks of flying this airline is the stopover in Narita Airport. An opportunity to enjoy the lounge and purchase some Japanese goodies.

Here are some pictures of the meals I had to and from the states.
Place your cursor above "Notes" to read the captions for each of the pictures.
The slide show here runs on Flash. If you can't see it, check out my Flickr album: ANA.

No comments: