Monday, February 28, 2011

The Fireplace at the Hyatt in Manila

February is one of my favorite months of the year. Why? It's my birthday month! That's right, month. I like to milk the celebrations and use it as an excuse to eat out and enjoy life even more.

On my actual birthday, my family and I were adventurous for something new. So we tried out The Fireplace at the Hyatt Hotel along the Manila Bay. We also pass the restaurant when we go to Li Li, the Chinese restaurant. The Fireplace is well decorated and highlights their fireplace, in which they cook most of the proteins.

Overall, the food was pretty good, along with the service. But, the prices are steep especially compared to what you can get at other steak houses in this area. Also, at the end of the meal, we asked for a piece of bread to take home and the kitchen refused. Despite what we paid, they insisted we pay for a tiny piece of bread! More on that under the "Notes" on the bread picture on the slide show below. After an incident like that, we're not too inspired to ever go back. Repeat customers come back because of the overall experience.

Place your cursor above "Notes" as some of the pictures have a caption.
Check out my Flickr album if you can't see the slide show here.

No comments: