Monday, July 20, 2009

Mexican Bistro

Consuelo's Mexican Bistro, Santana Row, San Jose
Tequilito
Mojito with tequila instead of rum. They add their own twist by adding pomegranite juice. It was ok. A bit too sweet for my liking and a bit too watered down.

Ensalada de Jicama
Great presentation. Jicama is always nice and refreshing when served chilled like this.

Tacos de Salmon
Nicely grilled salmon wrapped with fresh flour tortillas

Tostadas de Tinga
Delicious stewed chicken on a crispy tortilla. Best dish of the night.

Tres Leches
Americanized tres leches with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. It was ok, but I wouldn't order it again. The tres leches tasted more like un leche, just the milk and not the evaporated and condensed milk.



Overall a decent meal. If I'm in Santana Row and I feel like Mexican food, I would come here again.

No comments: