Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pastas at Home

I love eating pastas and I love cooking pastas. It's a fun challenge trying to recreate, and even better, pasta dishes I've enjoyed in restaurants all over the world.

A couple of my favorites are vodka sauce and carbonara.

I love that sweet, salty, and slight creaminess from vodka sauce. I really wanted to make it at home on a couple occasions even though we ran out of vodka. I decided to use white rum as opposed to gin because it has less of a distinct flavor, which is why vodka is traditionally used.

With carbonara, I love the garlicky flavor mixed with pancetta and fresh raw eggs in the end. Our batch was whipped together with pappardelle straight from Italy (thanks to my world traveling best friend.)

The slide show here runs on Flash. If you can't see it, check out my Flickr album: Pastas at Home

No comments: