Friday, August 26, 2011

Home Made Sake Steamed Chicken

It's dinner time again! This time, I used a recipe that I've been wanting to cook for awhile now.

Sake Steamed Chicken
(FYI, it's a NY Times recipe if you're keeping count of your 20 articles per month)

I was so curious about this tender, tender chicken that the author wrote about. I've only steamed a fish before, which is a delicious way to eat fish. I've eaten boiled chicken, and so I was curious how steamed chicken could be even better.

This is a great recipe. The chicken came out very tender and very moist. The rest period after the steaming is really important. It brings the juices together and stays in the chicken.

The original recipe had only a sliight sake taste. Non-existent if you didn't know about the sake. My adjustment that I want to try next time is to marinate the chicken for a bit in the sake, and then steam it in water. I can't wait to try this again!

The slide show here runs on Flash. If you can't see it, check out my Flickr album: Steamed Chicken

No comments: