Friday, October 15, 2010

Taiwanese Fruits

Since moving to Asia one of the things I've enjoyed the most is the wider selection of fruits! I loved growing up in the states, and I'll always consider San Francisco and the Bay Area as my hometown. But, boy, the fruits in the states are so boring! Apples, pears (which are the same texture as apples), berries, bananas, plums, grapes, whatever else - it's always the same scene at groceries and farmers markets. Here in the Asia, I've seen such an incredibly variety which changes each season! Mangosteens, chicos, custard apples, star apples, plantains, pomelos, jackfruits, durian, and on and on.

So whenever I travel to a new foreign city, I love tasting the local fruits. In Taipei we were treated to some of the tastiest Taiwanese fruits. I'm so impressed with Taiwan's agriculture - they are producing some of the best, sweetest, and freshest fruits I've ever tried.

Place your cursor above "Notes" to read more about each picture.
Check my Flickr album if you can't see the slideshow here.

No comments: