Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Taipei's Specialty: Pineapple Cakes

Each country has their signature foods. Adobo in the Philippines, sushi in Japan, pastas in Italy, burgers in the U.S. In Taiwan, one of their known specialties is pineapple cake. Don't think about a typical pineapple cake, like an upsidedown pineapple cake. It's not at all a "cake" but rather like a pastry. The shortbread crust wraps around jellied pineapple. When it's served room temperature, it's soft and crumbly. When it's served straight from the fridge, it's chewy and just as delicious. It is my current obsession. I've increased my exercise time so I can eat a couple of these each day everyday.

Place your cursor above "Notes" to read more about each picture.
Check my Flickr album if you can't see the slideshow here.

No comments: