Monday, April 04, 2011

Lung King Heen at the Four Seasons Hotel in Hong Kong

Lung King Heen at the Four Seasons has created quite a hype. It is the only Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong with a full 3 Michelin stars. Going into the restaurant, I was excited and expecting a lot. Three Michelin stars is a huge deal. I've been fortunate enough to dine at some Michelin rated restaurants in San Francisco and New York City, and quite of few of those were 3 starred. They all had that high level of quality service and amazing memorable food. So this is exactly what I was expecting.

To my sad surprise and disappointment, my expectations and hopes were let down. Quite frankly, I've had better Chinese meals with better service in other non-Michelin rated restaurants in Hong Kong. The food wasn't extra special. The service wasn't outstanding. Lung King Heen has done a fantastic job, though, with their marketing and PR.

Place your cursor above "Notes" to read more about the pictures.
Check out my Flickr album if you can't see the slide show here.

No comments: