Monday, March 14, 2011

Grand Palace in Bangkok

Back in Bangkok! Last year, my first visit to Thailand was completely about the food. My sightseeing consisted of the local markets. This time around, we decided to see a little more of the capital.

The Grand Palace in Bangkok has been the royal residence of the Thai Kings since the 18th century, as well as housing government buildings. The current king no longer resides there, but royal events are still held throughout the year.

The palace grounds consists of several intricately designed buildings. If it wasn't for the heat and harsh sunlight, I could have lingered there longer to just admire all the little details of the structures.

Here are pictures from my brief visit to the Grand Palace. If you find yourself in Bangkok, I recommend checking this place out.
Check out my Flickr album if you can't see the slide show here.

No comments: