Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ramen!

Santa Ramen, San Mateo
I've been hearing about this place for years. It's one of the best ramen houses in the Bay Area. Living in the South Bay, I would always go to Ryowa Ramen House in Mountain View whenever I had a ramen craving (or fried chicken craving). There was plenty of time to kill during this one night before the premiere of Top Chef Masters. So my friend and I went to Santa Ramen. They are known for their Tonkotsu (Pork Broth) Ramen with a side on Kurobuta Pork. And that's exactly what I ordered. Delicious! The texture of the noodles were nice and chewy - not overcooked, not undercooked. The broth had a delicate, yet intense milky taste. The kurobuta pork was like falling in love. But, it's the kind of love that's not good for you all the time. I want to eat for as long as I can, so I monitor how much pork belly I have, and being Filipino I LOVE pork from all parts of the pig.

No comments: