Monday, June 08, 2009

A Night with Chef Anthony Bourdain

Anthony Bourdain spoke at DeAnza College in Cupertino. He spoke on various topics such as Alice Waters, why vegetarians are bad for the world, and celebrity chefs. After speaking for about half an hour, the lights lit up and he took questions from the audience for about an hour.

An eager audience member ran up on stage to ask Bourdain to autograph his thigh. On his thigh was a tattooed replica of Bourdain.


After the show, my friend and I went to the Cypress Hotel in Cupertino. An hour later at the bar, Bourdain shows up and orders a Negroni right next to us. I called out his name, "Excuse me, Chef!" and proceeded to acknowledge his trip to the Philippines. Before we left we requested to have our photo taken with him. He's HUGE. And not just tall (6'5'') but he has a massive head. I couldn't help but blurt out, "You're so tall!" So he bent down while I tiptoed for the picture.

No comments: