Friday, June 19, 2009

A Night in Half Moon Bay

One of the best things about the Bay Area is the proximity of getaways. A quick drive to the coast led us to Half Moon Bay. You can't go to HMB and not get a brew at the brewery.

Half Moon Bay Brewery
If it's a nice, warm day or night sit outside. The air is so soothing by the coast.
Mavericks Amber Ale
This is my favorite beer from the brewery.

Fried Artichoke Hearts
It wasn't as good as I remember it to be, but since I love artichokes I still enjoyed this dish. They serve it with blue cheese dressing. I personally like it with ranch dressing.

Fried Cod Fish Tacos
Whenever I'm by a coastal city, I have to eat seafood. The frying of the fish was a bit too much. I should have opted for the grilled fish option.



Mezza Luna
We walked down a block for dessert. I love tiramisu. This tiramisu makes it to my list of great tiramisus. My favorite is from Trattoria Pinocchio in San Francisco. I look for tiramisus that are light and creamy, with a nice balance of the liquor, espresso, and mascarpone.

No comments: