Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My first taste of Singapore

Singapore is one city I've been eagerly waiting to explore.  So when my best friend sends me a message that he's flying there for work with 2 full days in the city, of course I'm going to say "YES!" to his offer to tag along.

This city lives up to it's reputation, it's hype, and all the expectations as a food city.  Singapore itself is pretty isolated in its little bubble.  But, wow, it's a bubble bursting with great food.  And the best part, you barely break the bank when it comes to eating amazing food.  The hawker centers are the place to go for some of your most memorable meals.

There are so many iconic dishes that it's almost impossible to eat it all in one trip.  Yup, that means I'm definitely going back to eat some more!

Here's a sampling of some dishes that filled my weekend trip in Singapore.  Coming up, a look into the various tourist destinations around the city.
If you can't see the slide show here, check out my Flickr album: Singapore Food

No comments: