Friday, July 20, 2012

Street Eating around Kobe

The last of my Japan updates, and I'm ending it with an afternoon full of street eats in Kobe.  I went into Kobe only knowing about the beef and the sweets.  The few hours spent in the streets of the downtown were a pleasant surprise.  I learned more about Japan's past walking through the Memorial Park and their dedication and passion to rebuild their country.  They have that love of country, and it's reflective in Kobe - how the city has maintained its pristine order, it's so clean!

Their love of country is reflective in their standard for food.  You can find the highest quality of food in the most ordinary places - groceries, department stores, shopping arcades, and street vendors.  Some of my favorite snacks were the street eats in Kobe.  The savories and the sweets, one after the next.  Grilled mochi, kakuni burger (aka, pork belly buns), crab croquettes, gaufres, waffles, cake rolls, parfaits.  I haven't had that much sugar in one day in a long time.  It was all so worth it to taste those treats made just in Kobe.

My favorite part about traveling is discovering the local specialties, the pride of the city or town.  In Kobe, there are so many specialties to show off.  What a city!  It's definitely worth checking out if you enjoy food, and make sure your stomach is empty so you can fully enjoy every bite the city has to offer.

Place your cursor above "Notes" below to read the captions for each photo.
If you can't see the slide show here, check out my Flickr album: Kobe Street Eats


And that concludes my Japan trip! Hope you enjoyed my perspective of Tokyo, Osaka, and Kobe. Until the next trip!

No comments: