Monday, July 16, 2012

An Afternoon in Downtown Kobe

We're food tripping around Japan.  We've already re-visited Tokyo, and spent an afternoon and evening around downtown Osaka.  So what's next?

A 20-minute train ride to.. Kobe!  The land of beef, breads, baked goods, and sweets.

From the Kobe train station, we crossed a couple streets and headed to Kobe's shopping arcade full of local shops, restaurants, and cafes.  We didn't go here to shop for clothes, we came here to shop to fill our stomachs.  I definitely had a sugar rush all day from all the sweets I tasted.  What a great sugar rush, too.  There are so many sweets unique to Kobe.

Just parellel to the arcade street is the Chinatown.  I typically don't check out all the Chinatowns in the cities I visit, but this one is worth walking through.  It is the CLEANEST.  For me, that made it even more fun to frequently stop at the stalls and constantly nibble on all the local treats.  I wish every Chinatown was like this.

 More on the street eats at the end of the week..

Here are pictures of the journey to Kobe, the sights of the arcade, and Chinatown.
If you can't see the slide show, check out my Flickr album: Kobe Day Trip - Arcade

No comments: