Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Afternoon Tea, Revisited

I'm alway going to have a soft spot for afternoon teas.  It's a nostalgic time for me as they used to be special girls' day outings for my mom and I when I was in grade school.  Hair cuts, afternoon tea, and shopping in Union Square.

These days when I find myself in a hotel lounge for an afternoon snack, I will almost always order the afternoon tea set - for old times sake, and because afternoon tea is so much fun with the variety of savory and sweet.

So I found myself back at the Lobby Lounge in Makati Shangri-la giving their Afternoon Tea Set another shot.  The menu always appeals to me and brightens up my stomach.  But when the set arrives and I'm eating the tea sandwiches and sweets, I was again disappointed.  It totally lacks freshness and tastes like it was made yesterday.

Now I'm craving for some quality afternoon tea - perhaps I'll look venture around Makati.  And I'll definitely explore the afternoon tea action when I'm next in Hong Kong.

Place your cursor above "Notes" below to read the captions for each photo.
If you can't see the slide show here, check out my Flickr album: Afternoon Tea - Makati Shangri-la

No comments: