Sunday, April 25, 2010

Eating In

To balance all my travels and eating out, I try my best to cook fresh meals at home whenever I can. Plus, cooking or eating my parents' home cooked meals is sometimes even better than going out.

Sukiyaki Night
New Beer Mug
Straight from Chiang Mai. My dad and I bought celadon mugs to enjoy our cold beers.

Sukiyaki
With thinly sliced beef, shitake mushrooms, napa cabbage, leeks, onions, tofu, and shirataki noodles.

The Plated Meal
With a bowl of steamed rice and a raw egg for dipping.



Vegetarian Night
Steamed Lapu Lapu
With mushrooms, leeks, ginger, and garlic.

Raw Vegetables
Fresh cucumbers, red peppers and green peppers.

Kamias Chutney
For this meal, we used it as our dipping sauce for the vegetables.



Breakfast for Dinner Night
We had two courses of breakfast for dinner. Longanisa and Steak. Yum!
Garlic Rice

Fried Egg

Longanisa
Filipino breakfast sausage. This particular batch of longanisa came from Santis Deli. It wasn't over-seasoned and had a clean taste.

The Plated Meal

Sauteed Corn
Fresh from the cob with onions, tomatoes, pancetta, and cilantro.

The Steak

Onion Sauce
The dipping sauce for the steak.

The Plated Meal
Garlic Rice, Fried Egg, Corn, and the perfectly cooked Steak.

No comments: