Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Salad Craving

Wolfgang Puck is known for many things. I love him for two reasons: 1) His thick-accented humor and 2) His Chinois Chicken Salad. I love a good Chinese Chicken Salad. When I have that craving, I usually go to Trader Joes. When I'm in Vegas and I have that craving, I go to Wolfgang Puck's Bar and Grill in the MGM Grand. Of the Chinese Chicken Salad's I've tried so far, this is my favorite one.
Note: I left my camera at home, so these photos are from my (incredibly basic) cellphone.

The Menu

The Wine Pairing
Riesling, Monchhof, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, 2007
A nice light white wine paired with the salad.

Pinot Noir, Irony Mountain, Monterey, 2007
This fragrant light red was a great complement to the pizza.

Chinois Chicken Salad
With Candied Peanuts and Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette. This is a half portion because the order was split. We had to ask for extra dressing because it was not as tasty as we had remembered. Once we put a little more dressing, the salad was just as great as always. Fresh, crisp ingredients and a nice tangy dressing.

Tomato, Burata Mozzarella and Basil Pizza
Pizzas have tough competition after I ate in Pizzeria Delfina. This pizza was great because of the Burata Mozzarella. So fresh! So creamy! So light!

No comments: