Monday, November 28, 2011

Chinese Sweets at Sweet Dynasty in Taipei

Dessert first to whet your appetites for Taiwanese eats.

One of my favorite food aspects of Taiwanese cuisine is all the sweets. Even if a meal fills you up, you still are tempted with all the dessert houses filling Taipei. And if you're really too full, you can have these sweets as snacks after walking off some of the calories.

Because we were craving for sweet tofu (tofufa), we were taken to Sweet Dynasty. Earlier in the year, my best friend in Hong Kong took my family to the location in Hong Kong.

That whole steaming bucket of tofu is a real treat. Fresh, warm, silky tofu instantly warms your stomach. With a little sweet syrup, this is a delightful and comforting snack or dessert.

Here are some pictures of the tofu barrel and some of the other sweet treats we had to satisfy our sweet tooth at Sweet Dynasty.
(Place your cursor above "Notes" below to read the captions for each photo.)
The slide show here runs on Flash. If you can't see it, check out my Flickr album: Sweet Dynasty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been around for a even though now, i think about myself a loyal reader. Just thought i would let you know!

Angela said...

Thank you! I hope you're enjoying the content, and I appreciate your loyalty :)