Saturday, April 11, 2009

An LA Weekend

I spent the weekend in LA for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party. I didn't go all out because of the wedding that's coming up. Naturally, I want to look my best in the pictures. Here are a few of the things I enjoyed:

An LA landmark -- Roscoe's Chicken n' Waffles
This is the second time I've been here and it was just as good. I tried something different this time - 3 wings and greens. The greens were cooked in chicken broth, which gave it a nice taste. And the wings were perfectly fried. Ooh wee, tasty!

Curry Chicken Salad
We ate at the Urth Cafe on Melrose. Growing up I loved getting the curry chicken salad at Trader Joe's. I haven't seen it in years. When I saw this selection, I looked no further. This is the half portion. Creamy and delicious!

Bread
Since it was a to-be-seen spot in LA, the servers asked if you wanted the bread (carbs!) or not. I'm a Bay Area foodie, of course I want the bread!

Seared Ahi Tuna
We ate at Magnolia on Sunset Blvd. The mashes potatoes were creamy to the point that they were silky. The ahi tuna was good, but it wasn't spectacular.

Dole Whip Float
A must get at Disneyland. It's on the way to the Indiana Jones ride. If I could swim in this, I would.

No comments: