Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ippudo Ramen, Hong Kong

While I do love all kinds of foods and cuisines, I have my favorites.  Ramen is totally one of my favorites.

After strolling around Tsim Sha Tsui in Hong Kong and touring the museums in that area, I ready for a late lunch.  When I'm by myself and looking for a place to eat, I tend to look for either cafes or ramen places.  Both are comfortable for lone diners.  Lately, ramen has been my craving.  So it was finally time to try out Ippudo Hong Kong.

Ippudo is a Japanese ramen chain from Fukuoka - the home of tonkotsu ramens.  It has several branches around Asia and a couple in New York City.  The reviews in NYC are always raving with the lines out of the door.

Does it live up to it's hype in Hong Kong?  Yes, it completely does.  This is a chain establishment that does not at all feel like a cheap chain establishment.  Milky, deep broth, chewy noodles, and a contemporary setting make a fantastic ramen experience.  There's additional toppings to order, such as vegetables or eggs, as well as an a la carte menu if you're hungry for more than just ramen.  Plus, the drinks selection with sakes and beers perfectly complement the ramen.  I can't wait to go back for more bowls.

If you can't see the slide show here, check out my Flickr album: Ippudo HK

No comments: